Tuesday, 28 April 2009

flowering trees

So I have a magnolia tree in my garden, all in bloom now and it looks like a fairytale. It's right next to a huge pine tree, a tree that really annoys our neighbour. We have told him if he wants it removed, he is very much welcome to do the job.... so now he's even more annoyed... he's the kind of person who comments whenever we are just sitting in the garden relaxing; " are you just going to sit there, shouldn't you do some gardening?" ah well, he's retired, and keeps his garden 24/7... let him nag, I admit I don't care.... :o)




see the two trees together

and there was a silent, secret wild animal hiding behind the branches.....


..and this is his twin, irresistable eyes....
Today I am so happy, after several visits to the hospital - today it was a MR scan; they squeezed me into this pretty narrow tube,and I had to lay very still for 20 minutes ( seemed like 20 hours...) and the machine was banging and thundering and my ears almost fell off, the noise was insane! But I guess it was worth it, 'cause afterwards the doctor dropped all charges and no sign of any vicious breast cancer, so I am not to come back. phhjuuu... I hate that place. And today they must have had a plumbing problem, the odeur in the waiting room was... eeeewww...



5 comments:

Anette said...

I love Magnolia! The thing about flowering from a naked branch before the leaves... its like magic! And what a relief with the scan result!

Marjie said...

I love your secret wild animal! We have neighbors who gripe like that, too, especially an old lady across the side street. She keeps harassing my 12 year old, so I finally told her if she or any of her adult children or others talk to my kid again, I will call the police and have her arrested for harassing a child. Just turn your chairs so you can't see Mr. Nosy Neighbor.

Congrats on the scan result! I had one 3 years ago, and the noise is very intense.

monica said...

Anette: yes exactly, that's the thing, all flowers and no leaves.. sometimes the blooming comes several times a year.

Marjie: neighbours can really be a nuisance, but harassing kids, that's really low!

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations on making it through the MRI and for the wonderful results.

Now go and sit in your garden, and when your neighbor comments, just say, "I'm taking a quiet minute to appreciate my good health."

monica said...

Jocelyn: thanks, and yes I will ! as often as possible!