Thursday, 10 March 2011

going home

I am going home to the far north of Norway for a couple of days, just me, leaving hubs and kids behind..


I'll be coming in by plane...

Green dot marks the spot... of the city of Bodø where I was born - North of the polar circle
the scenary is stunning




appr 50000 inhabitants



the weather varies, a lot...







The sea eagle is the landmark of Bodø - you see them all the time in their majestic appearance





I am going to visit my parents
but will also be seeing my wonderful grandmother... she is very ill and in a lot of pain and agony. When I was a child we had a very close relationship, my grandmother and I, and I am so sorry she has to endure such a rough old age... she most certainly never deserved that!
We have done so many things together - skiing, fishing, hiking, visiting family far away and driving there by car together. Spending weekends and holidays with her was similar to warmth, safety, enjoyment, laughs, special treats, relaxing, long talks, fun times...
I love her. She was only 37 when she became my grandmother. And 61 when I made her a great grand mother. I can't imagine life without her.. But I guess I'll have to face the fact that I just might have to...



6 comments:

Marjie said...

I am so sorry that your trip home is under sad circumstances. I'm sure your dear grandmother will be delighted to see you.

And 50,000 people is a pretty large city, especially that far north!

Anette said...

Min kjære venninne, jeg blir med deg i tankene mine! Turen blir nok både koselig og kanskje litt vanskelig, men du kommer til å være glad for at du dro!

monica said...

Marjie: Thanks Marjie. It was lovely seeing her again, allthough sad too... Bodø was great - and I loved seeing the rest of my family too, being a bit spoiled at my parents' house for a few days..

Anette: Kjente at du var der ja..i samme land :o) Er glad for at jeg tok meg en tur - det var deilig.

Jocelyn said...

I can't believe I'm able to visit your blog! All other blogspot blogs don't show up.

Anyhow, what a bittersweet trip: back to your roots, but with the purpose of seeing someone you love in pain. Traveling mercies to you, friend.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother! I hope your visit will bring her some comfort - I'm sureit will make her very happy!

And what beautiful scenery!! I always wanted to visit there someday. Can't wait to see your pictures when you get back!

Hsin-Yi

monica said...

jocelyn: must be the magic dust I use...

Honey: hm pictures ? well, I did go photo amoc when the plane took off....