Sunday, 18 October 2009

holiday

had one week of holiday - the official autumn holiday week 42 in DK all schools are closed. So the whole family have had no busy schedule of school, work or whatever... no annoying wake up alarm clock early in the morning... wonderful. Last year in week 42 we went to Mallorca, Spain. This year we stayed home... to work... Hard, physical, labour... phew... not a good thing for soft computer hands and bodies with with non-existing hard muscles... we've been wrecking,dragging, hammering, throwing, dragging some more, lifting, holding... in the end - eventually - we will have a new 15 square meters shack in the back yard made of the material from the open garage we had in front of the house. Very good for the climate -recycling... ( we constantly pat eachothers shoulders...) We plan also to make the front of the house more up to date, AND make our entrance hallway nice, and, and,and.... my husband has sooo many plans, and I get all exhausted by just thinking of it... Hm. My kind of holiday is more like sleeping real late, long breakfast with lots of coffee and studying of morning papers, walks in the forest admiring the wonderful autumn colours , planning nice dinners with tasty gravy, reading books, watching TV, baking buns and cakes.... ah well... maybe next year...



Bundy the Bundle of Joy thinks it's good we're all leaving the house again during the day tomorrow, it has been quite exhausting having to entertain all day with no time for those long naps; morning, noon and afternoon...





had him weighed the other day: KG 55.6 ( 122 pounds)

age: 1 year

I guess there is a good chance we'll hit 60 as grown up bundle of joy...

6 comments:

Anette said...

Hard working holiday it was! Good for you to get back to work to rest a little now!

Unknown said...

OH, Bundy - I know how you feel! My humans feel guilty when they have to leave me alone at home for long periods but to be honest, I enjoy having the peace & quiet to sleep and lazy around - without any of their loud noise called music or scary machines around the house cleaning or doing other things...

Your humans sound very capable! My humans are useless at DIY or building anything by themselves!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Smile, bundy looks like hes done all the hard yakka, not you. Must admit your kind of holiday sounds like my kind... but I tell ya your so lucky to have a handy husband.. I have to do it all myself or pay someone... next guy I date I wanna see a resume that says 'Maintainence Man'...lol

Marjie said...

At one year, he's about reached his adult height. My 2 males have continued to gain weight and muscle until they were past their second birthdays. So, yes, he will easily reach 60!

And we re-use materials here, too. My dearly beloved directs, and our big sons do his bidding. I sympathize with you; it is time to return to work and rest up after your holiday!

monica said...

anette: yeah, but still after 2 days in the office I wish I could just stay home...

Honey: we're not very capable - we just pretend, and hope for the best :o)

Abbey: there must be an internet dating site with handymen...:o)

Marjie: His height is OK, I can just stand up and cuddle him... the muscles are growing for sure, he is so strong! and with a strong will too!

Kasha said...

Good to see how helpful Bundy is being. Somehow even if they are just sleeping they are still a needed accessory. So cute. Please take before and after pictures of your upcoming projects. I am so excited for you!