Sunday, 22 March 2009

birthday with sushi






so it was my birthday the other day, and I got to decide what to have for dinner - and I decided to go with the highest current trend, and we got sushi, from the sushi take away in the city. I just ignored my husbands comment: " can you get it as a menu with coke and fries??" It was friday evening, and the place was - to my secret surprise - packed, and people kept coming in... and apparently they all knew exactly what kind and how many etc. they wanted. well now, after consulting the lady at the desk,what and how many to get for 3 adults ( the 16 year old is way past eating a kids menu...) and 1 child, we got 3 x boxes with 14 pcs ( 6 nigiris and 8 makis...) and also 3 x 8 hosomakis with tuna, spicy shrimp and avocado because " they don taste too much like fish" hello??! I sort of thought that was the idea of sushi! well anyway, it was nice, really nice ( except for the one time I accidentally took too much of that green stuff - looked like guacamole, but nooooo it was wasabi, and veeery hot....) - and we all agreed we could do it again sometime.


The quantity was OK - with 5-6pcs left when all of our bellies were full - to Bundy's joy...




ah, well here are some pics of the gorgeous one:



"WTF! where did that #¤%& cat go??"



a friend over for visit - he's a 7 year old guy, and somehow really not very interested in Bundy's puppy behaviour... This is actually a very rare moment when they both are lying down. Most of the time Bundy is chasing his pal, trying to bite his ears, his knees etc etc... just for fun, off course!!


4 comments:

Anette said...

Looks beautiful, yet scary.. (raw fish?? hm)

monica said...

anette: scary? hm, I can assure you the fish was dead... :o)

Christo Gonzales said...

my favorite - looks like a good time to me.....happy birthday

monica said...

doggy: thanks ! it was.