prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone
silence the piano and muffle the drum
bring out the coffin let the mourners come
let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
scribbling in the sky the message She is dead
put crêpe bows round the white necks of the public doves
let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves
She was my north my south my east my west
my working week and my sunday rest
my noon my midnight my talk my song
I thought love would last forever, I was wrong
The stars are not wanted now; put out everyone
pack up the moon and dismantle the sun
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood
for nothing now can ever come to any good..
my beloved grandma is gone
..heading north again soon, this time for the funeral...
7 comments:
Oh I'm so so sorry to hear that. I remember when you went to visit her last time and how worried you were. My thoughts are with you on this sad journey. Hope you will find some comfort with your family.
best wishes,
Hsin-Yi
Tenker på deg! <3
Hvor trist... varme tanker til dig.
We are so sorry for the lost of your grandma... our deepest condolences to the family.
hero and family
Hsin-Yi: thank you - it was good to be with family
Anette : :o)
Mette: mange tak
Hero: Thank you so much..
In a time when words are probably clenched up in your throat, along with tears, I'm glad Auden was able to express your mourning. I'm so sorry. So sorry.
I am sorry for the loss of your grandma. Belated condolences to you and the family.
Post a Comment