I have just been a week in New York, on Manhattan. Job related. First time in the US. Hope it is not the last - but next time I wouldn't mind seeing a less crowded place... 16.6million people live in NY - wow... In Denmark there are 5.5 million...

the lobby of the Paramoun hotel, very nice, modern decorations... but... oh... the perfumed air... terrible!

all those tall buildings... and those crazy cab drivers...

parking in NY. Like the people, all on top of and around eachother...

The Javits exhibition center - huge, but neat.

cops everywhere.. here on Times Square - from where we stayed 50 metres away.

from the Top of the Rocks - view of Central Park

.. and the Empire State Building..
Didn't get to see so many of the tourist sights, the daily schedule was quite busy.
But, now I've been there - and can live to tell about it :o)
Came home yesterday, and last night, before giving in to the jetlag and collapsing in my bed, I took a small stroll in the neighbourhood with Bundy, and ah, the silence, and the solitude, and the empty street... can't find that in NY. I didn't, anyway!
7 comments:
looks like you pretty much covered it - hope to see you next time!
You were in NYC? So was my momma! And she was in Times Square too. Yuh, it is super crowded. So many humans everywhere ALL THE TIME! But fun to visit now and then.
Slobbers,
Mango
Wow - sure looks like you had a packed time on your trip to New York!
Yes, give me the peace & quiet & green walks over the crazy concrete jungle anyday! :-)
Hsin-Yi
wooow :) NY
sanne want to go there!!!!
she loves to travell
Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii
doggy: one of the days we took a dinner cruise on the Hudson, and saw many things, got close to the st of Lib etc, but it was pouring, so the pics aren't good... must get those next time
Mango: yeah, saw the pics on your blog, and wondered if we might have been on the top of the rocks the same day ? On Friday June 11 ?
Hsin-Yi: New York was hectic indeed - in a couple of days we're off on holiday to more peaceful and warm happy times on Crete, a Greek island. Bundy will be staying home with my inlaws... we'll miss him terribly...
Elbow and Hauwii:
Travelling is nice, but home is best! :o)
I've never been to New York and don't know if I'm brave enough to try. I get overwhelmed when I go to Anchorage!
Your dog is adorable. I love looking at his cute face in all your pictures. He looks like he's a sweetie!
:) Elizabeth
Congrats on making it out in one piece, especially for not melting!
Everyone who lives in NYC maintains it's the only place to live; however, as someone who enjoys fresh air, open spaces, and unpaved road under my feet, I maintain it's a great place to VISIT.
(so, um, yea, we're going to Turkey...if you scroll down a few posts below my current one, you'll see a post that sums up the whole deal)
Post a Comment