Saturday, 4 October 2008

carpe diem


Weekends are the best.
I slept until I couldn't sleep anymore this morning, had a slow breakfast while reading the paper - husband took off to work ( he is very busy, always... his new business is finally paying off and he just can't slow down...), kids were sleeping in. Went ahead with some chores and got some tidying and cleaning done. Great. Cuddled up with my 10 year old and watched Rock Camp on disney channel. The 16 year old finally got up, and was in a wonderful mood. And that must be enjoyed - at that age the mood is really swinging up and down.. quite challenging at times....
Then a long time no see friend popped by for a cup of coffee - I just love it when that happens!! Later at the store I met other people I know and chatted a bit. Isn't it great when you are so lucky to know people that don't mind taking the time to tell you a bit of life and stuff? I love it. One of the persons I met is the lady who looked after my youngest when she was a baby while I was at work. This wonderful lady is now very ill with cancer, but still we could both laugh and talk about this and that. Reminding me that it is important to seize the day - carpe diem - and be greatful for what you got on every average day.
Tonight we are invited over to some friends living not far from us - we will have some red wine and cheese, and laugh and talk. It warms me inside just thinking about it.

Well, gotta go - off to pick up my daughter, she is at the stables with her beloved horses... The husband is now home - he is just taking a snoring nap...The 16 year old son is out visiting an old school friend- she is a lesbian by the way....

Hm - life has so many colours... and I love it.

3 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

you sound very open minded - thats nice and refreshing...

Anette said...

That sounded like a saturday of my taste!
Da er livet deilig!

monica said...

doggybloggy: thank you !:o) if you don't keep the mind open, you might miss out on something !

anette: you should have come around- you fit the category
"long time no see friend" ...