Saturday, 9 August 2008

car trouble




SEE? We were driving along, minding our own business, and all of a sudden - crash boom bang - the front left tire fell off!! I am not kidding!! Fortunately we were driving veery slowly, so no one got hurt - but what a chock !! And now the garage who mounted the tires a month ago says he won't take on all the blame( or the costs to fix it) because in theory it is impossible that we have driven 5000 km ( during our summer holiday in Norway) with a tire not properly mounted.... well, dude, the theory might be fine, but the facts still speak for themselves!! I am so frustrated, standing with tears in my eyes arguing with the garage owner.... He says I have to pay for the spare parts, and he will cover the working hours costs... It is just unfair.... and a bunch of money for me... Does anyone have an opinion on this? Or maybe some good advice for me??

5 comments:

Anette said...

What a bastard!
Hva med forbrukerrådet, eller noe a la "Tv 2 hjelper deg"???

monica said...

forbrukerrådet har ikke tid... har kontakt med en kar fra FDM - er noe à la NAF i Norge - via svigerfars medlemsskap. Han vil ta en kikk på bildene og vurdere saken imorra mandag. Så får vi se. Men irriterende er det. Også jeg som hater å krangle med folk! Vil jo også gjerne kunne bruke den mekaniker'n fremover... rett ved siden av jobben, og rimelig og grei.. hmf...

Christo Gonzales said...

yeah to whatever anette said....

Anette said...

hehe...

monica said...

doggy: in case you're interested, the matter is solved and the garage has accepted to cover all costs. I will leave it open whether it was my wet, sad, begging eyes or a statement from an official car expert that made the difference ... Anyway, I'm happy : Justice prevailed!! and I will forever after always worry when driving if the tires ARE really fastened or what... hmf...